Monday, August 11, 2014

Journal
So in my writing class i have to write a short story about anything of my liking. So this is my rough draft to my short story that im writing. I't I ended it so if I have to write another short story I can continue this one.


I’m either dead, sleeping, or in a coma. All of my greatest dreams are here, my family, friends, and my boyfriend. Whatever this is I don’t want to wake up. I couldn’t remember anything else before this, all I could think of was what was happening right then and it was happy, and peaceful. I never wanted it to end. Although, every dream comes to an end and in this case, my dream ended with a bang.

I woke up to bright lights, and people all around me, the smell of blood, and medicine filled my nose. I couldn’t tell where I was, or who I was with.  Everything was spinning, I felt sick to my stomach, and my body ached, I didn’t know what was going on, and I couldn’t think straight. I was sweating bullets–I tried to speak but I couldn’t even recognize my own voice or if words even came out.
Everything went black again, and I was in the security and comfort of my dreams, it would be the last time I saw all those happy faces for a very long time. I heard the comfort of my boyfriend’s voice, whispering for me to come back, I looked around and saw no one, everything was fading, and I started to slip through the cracks into the black, dark abyss.
A wave of electricity was sent through my body and I saw the bright lights as my eyes shot open and my lungs gasped for air. People were talking. And asking questions it took me awhile to recognize everyone in the room it was really hard for me to think, I started to close my eyes gently to go back to that peaceful dream once more—another wave of electricity went through my body but this time with enough force to send my body into a whirl. I woke up and heard a familiar voice.
“Honey? Are you ok?” It was my mother Lisa, “You’re ok now Riley, relax.”
“What happened?” My voice felt foreign to me.
“ Riley, you have slight amnesia, but it’s not severe you wont be able to remember a few things that’s happened the last week or so. The doctor said you could probably get your memory back if you tried hard enough, but don’t worry about it too much about.
How did she want me not to worry? My head was pounding, my heart was racing. I couldn’t remember what happened the night before. I started to panic; all I could think about was if Ethan was ok, and if anyone else was hurt.
                “Mom, is Ethan ok?”
                “Yeah. He will be ok.”
                “Where is he?” I asked a little anxious.
                “In the next room, but you shouldn’t move for a while so I’ll send him in later, I promise.”
My mom left, she was going to get me some food. I closed my eyes, and tried to think about what happened. But, it was blank. I started to get angry at myself for not remembering, I needed to find they key that would bring back all my memory. It felt like a veil being put over my face and, I couldn’t see anything but the black blanket which covered me; this is what my mind felt like. I thought about drawing my attention to something else, I closed my eyes and started to listen to the things around me. A little while later someone came into my room.
“Riley?” Ethan said coming into the room, his voice gave a sense of comfort
“Ethan!” I squealed and sat upright. If anyone heard that they might have pictured a little girl getting excited over a piece of candy she got to pick up but I don’t care. I probably looked ragged and gross. My long brown hair tangled mascara ran down from underneath my brown eyes and seemed a little shorter without my heels.
“Hey babe, are you ok?”
“Peachy.”
“I’m so sorry Hun.”
“How long was I out, what happened? No one is telling me anything.” Questions flowed through my body I could feel my heart pick up some pace but I needed to find out for sure.
“Well, I don’t really know what happened, it was during the dance but I overheard the doctors saying that someone slipped you something. On the way here your heart stopped beating twice, and they had to use the defibrillator.
I didn’t know what to say. First, I thought why would someone give me a drug like that but not enough to kill me? And second, it doesn’t explain all the memory loss.
“What about the amnesia?”
“The doctors think it’s because of the impact on the back of your skull, but let’s not talk about it anymore.”
I took my hand and rubbed alongside the back of my head and felt an indent, and what felt like dry blood. I got a little dizzy again and laid down. I grabbed the silver necklace around my neck; it had a key on the end of it, my dad gave it to me when I was really little. My mom never talks about my dad, and I wonder why sometimes, but that’s the least of my concerns. I want to find out what happened to me.
After two long painful days in the hospital, I could finally go home. When I got there I ran into my room picked up my cell phone and went into the downstairs movie room to call Ethan. When I turned my phone on I had 6 missed calls and five new texts, but I didn’t care no one was that important at the moment. I punched in Ethan’s number in, it was ringing and the anticipation was killing me, finally he answered.
“Hello?” he asked.
“Hey boo!”
That was my nickname for him, its short for boobear, Ethan was my life, we’ve been together for about two years now, were both 18, he was the definition of perfect, I could sit for hours thinking about him but those thoughts were interrupted by him speaking again.
“Hey my honey bunches of oats. How are you feeling? Do you need anything?”
He was always considerate like that, I could ask him for anything and he would get it without fail but I needed something a little more than goods.
“I am now, but can you come over for a little while it’s important we need to talk.”
I heard the phone go silent for a moment and I wondered if he was ok.
“O, No.” he gasped.
“What?”
“It’s the break up talk isn’t it?”
“What? No! Just get over here I need your help again.”
“If its running to the store again to buy your feminine products again I really don’t want to do it, I love you and all but once was enough.”
“O my! No! It’s important just get over here I need to talk to you. “
“Alright, I’m on my way.”
The doorbell rang, I ran to the door and swung it open, I yelled with excitement and gave him a hug, who I thought was Ethan. It wasn’t…it was the Comcast guy delivering our new cable box. I could feel the burning sensation of embarrassment on my cheeks. I thought I could play it off so he didn’t think I was some creep so I tried…
“O, Sorry I just get excited when we get new cable boxes.”
“I’m sure I get the same way.” The Comcast guy laughed.
I led him upstairs to install the new cable box. About 5 minutes later the doorbell rang again. I first looked out the window to see who it was learning from my mistake the first time. When I looked out I saw a tall, lean, brown long hair, brown eyes, and freckles along the top of his nose and cheeks, when I saw him I knew it was Ethan. I swung the door open and threw myself into his arms. I gave him a hug and lead him downstairs, my house was fairly big and always kept clean, I lived with my mom and sister. Ethan and I sat down on the couch, and I stared at him for a long moment trying to think of what I was going to say before I threw all my thoughts and ideas at him.
“So. How much do you love me?” I asked.
“Too much why?”
“I want to know what happened.”
“Really? I don’t think we should worry about that right now, your safe that’s what matters.
“Please.” As I gave him my best puppy eyes.
“Fine, well do you remember we went to prom together and I picked you up around 4 for dinner?”
It was like a tsunami wave crashing and covering my body, my thoughts flooded in and were running wild. I remembered Ethan picking me up. He was wearing a green tie to match my dress. I remember going to the school and everything else was blank.
“Then what?” I questioned.
“Well the doctors said someone did give you that drug but I don’t remember when, but when we were leaving you felt really sick and just wanted to go home. When we were walking to my car someone jumped us, lucky for you he hit you first so I caught a little of what he looks like. Older man, around your mom’s age, brown hair, and he also had a cobra snake on his right bicep but that’s all I saw”
“You call that lucky? Thanks. At least you got a little information thanks Hun”
I went to go grab some homework since I’ve been out of school for a while now, but when I went into my room it seemed off. All of my belongings were not in the right spot; I ignored it for now because it could have been all in my head anyway and went to get my books. When I picked them up I noticed an envelope in it, I quickly looked around and grabbed it and walked out to read it with Ethan.
“What’s that?” He asked.
“I don’t know.”
I opened it slowly and took the piece of paper out. I read it to myself first and the startled and scared expression on my face made Ethan take the letter and read it out loud:
 









No comments:

Post a Comment