Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Journal

Ok so I'm running out of things to write about in my journals because I'm such a boring person and nothing exciting goes on in my life what so ever. All I do is homework, work, and more homework. So In one of my classes out of Weber we had to take one of our old poems to class and revise it kinda thing and if you didn't have one you had to either write one or find one. So since I have nothing else to write, I'll write a poem for this Journal.
Cross
A black cross stuck out of the ground,
its hard iron casting a shadow across its grave,
in an abandoned church's backyard it stood alone.

Gray clouds gathered, ready to pay their last respects,
and shed their tears on lives long gone.

Perching in a broken window an angel,
its eyes and wings as black as coal,
gazed at the lonely landmark.

It flew down,
standing next to the cross gazing at it longingly.

A crack of light pushed its way through the blanket of sorrowing clouds,
 and fell on a necklace hanging from the cross.

A glittering silver locket,
A picture inside of a beautiful pair.

The angel saw it,
and knew they both would be together once again.

2 comments:

  1. Good job catching up. I counted 9 journal entries. So you need to do 5 more to get full credit for those. So you have those journals left as well as the conclusion post and your major writing assignments. You should also know that we extended the deadline for the final paper to Monday, Aug 11. If you plan to do that you will have to email me your paper. If you need to turn in physical paper, you will need to bring it on Wednesday. We are also doing a snack pot luck on Wednesday. So if you can, bring something to share and do the last reading assignment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right now I am finishing up my 2 essay which is hard for my topic and i will turn it in tonight than do we have the 3 essay and my conclusion?

      Delete